Be ready - An approach to the mystery of deathHieromonk Gregorios
Η αντικαταβολή είναι διαθέσιμη με την εταιρεία μεταφορών:
When we wish to emphasize the importance of something, we say that it is a matter of life and death. A matter of primary importance for those of us who believe in heaven and hell perhaps even the most important is our departure from the world and the life after death. After we are born, the only thing we can take for granted is that at some point we will die. In Holy Scripture, death is called the way of all the earth (3 Kingd. 2:2), because it is the road which we will all travel. All of us, therefore, must contemplate our death and prepare to encounter it. Christ himself stresses this, saying: Therefore, be ready, for it is at an hour which you do not expect that the Son of Man will come. (Matt. 24:44)
(From the Prologue)
2. The Mystery of Death
3. Confronting Death
4. What is the Remembrance of Death?
5. Remembrance of Death: A Divine Gift
6. Holy Communion: Preparation for Eternity
7. The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus
8. Watch for You do not Know the Day
9. Epilogue: Amen, yes, Lord Jesus come!
- 17 x 12
- Hieromonk Gregorios
- Cell of St. John the Theologian, Koutloumousiou Monastery, Mount Athos